“Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.”
Yoga to reconnect to self
In this day of deadlines and stress, our general state of health is compromised on a daily basis. Providing equal maintenance of physical, mental and emotional health is the key to relieving stress, to reducing physical ailments and injuries and to experiencing contentment with all that we do.
This union of integrated health is achieved with Yoga. Yoga means “to yoke together” or “to unite” and so with regular practice of Yoga, the body, the mind and the soul unite together to provide a thorough workout and work-in that ensures ideal health and well-being.
Only Yoga provides the medium for exercising and balancing health on all these levels.
Style of Yoga:
- Hatha Vinyasa Yoga – An integration of Iyengar, Sivananda and Yoga Synergy elements in a mindful Hatha class with Vinyasa sequences.
- Gentle therapeutic Hatha Yoga
Benefits of Yoga:
- Reduced stress, tension, anxiety and depression
- Improved flexibility and strength and reduced body weight
- Overall improved health
- Increased fitness levels
- Relieves physical aches and pains
- Reduced risk of diseases, including cancer and heart disease
- Complete cellular revitalization and maintenance of a healthy immune system
- Improved level of recovery from injuries due to restorative Yoga therapy
- Improved memory and concentration
- Assists to develop a calm mind
- Increased energy levels
- Detoxifies body and mind
- Improves levels of stress management
- A boon for prenatal and postnatal women for both mother and baby
- Recreation outlet for creativity
Group classes available in Tokai and Sea Point. Private classes available on request.